www.recipesforacrowd.com is a website that offers meal planning for large groups.
Check out Gardner’s Bakery (1560 Post Rd. in Plover) for discounts on rolls and buns. Call ahead to make large orders @ 715-345-2627
Summer BBQ/Cook-out: The POP owns a giant propane grill, equipped to sizzle enough meat for our large POP family.
Cuts of meat can be seasoned, rubbed with a blend of spices, slathered in BBQ or marinaded in a dressing of your choice. An easy and delicious marinade is 2 parts Italian dressing+1 part soy sauce+minced garlic. Soak the meat for a few hours ahead of time or overnight until they’re ready to throw on the hot grill.
- CHICKEN: Breasts or (legs/quarters are generally less expensive)
- PORK: Porkchops are great grilled and can be found on special/sale throughout the summer.
- SHISHKABOBS: Cut up your meat and marinade with fresh vegetables, such as mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes. Just skewer and grill!
- CLASSIC MEATS: brats, hamburgers, hot dogs.
- CHILI DOGS-add chili, diced onions and shredded cheese to your menu for a fun chili dog night. (Canned chili works well as a topping).
- POLSKA KIELBASA/POLISH SAUSAGE: A Stevens Point favorite! Serve on brat buns & don’t forget the sauerkraut!
Soups: (great to pair w/ sandwich or salad)
- Split Pea~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/hearty-split-pea-soup/detail.aspx
- Potato~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/plain-potato-soup/detail.aspx
- Broccoli cheese~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/broccoli-cheese-soup/detail.aspx
- Tomato~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/basil-tomato-soup/detail.aspx
- Chicken Noodle~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-chicken-noodle-soup/detail.aspx
- Minestrone~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/30-minute-minestrone/detail.aspx
breakfast for dinner: BRINNER! Try any of the following:
- Scrambled eggs
- French toast
- Sausage or bacon
- TACOS: all you need is seasoned ground beef in one Nesco; perhaps some beans kept warm in another. Top off the hard-shell or soft-shell tacos with an assortment of ready to serve toppings such as: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- NACHOS: Same as above, except over tortilla chips and warm nacho cheese to top it off!
- TACO SALADS: Another possibility using the same simple ingredients J
- ENCHILADAS: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/beef-enchiladas-ii/detail.aspx www.allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-chicken-enchiladas/detail.aspx
- FAJITAS: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooked-steak-fajitas/detail.aspx
- Lasagna~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/lasagna-helper/detail.aspx www.allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-lasagna-ii/detail.aspx
- Manicotti~ www.allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-to-stuff-manicotti/detail.aspx
- Marinara, Pesto or Alfredo sauce over pasta
- BAKED POTATOES: Keep the taters warm until guests top them off with some of these possibilities: Chili, diced ham, bacon crumbles, shredded cheese or cheese sauce, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, steamed broccoli, sour cream and chives.
- MEAT served from crockpot or Nesco is as easy as it gets! Serve meat on rolls for HOT SANDWICHES or serve with gravy to top a plate of PASTA or RICE or POTATOES.
- MEATS could include beef roasts, pork roasts, ham, ground beef, chicken and turkey.
Sub sandwich bar:
- BUILD your own SUBS, just supply the rolls, deli meats, sliced cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, olives, onions…POP will supply the condiments.
Premade/cater: (popular choice to those of you who have the funding and want to serve, but are not able to prepare a meal)
- PIZZA: Dominos 345-0901, Pizza Hut 341-4500, Little Caesars 345-2345
- ARBYS: 5700 US Highway 10 (715) 342-0950 or 3115 Church St. (715) 345-7888
- COPPS: Fried or rotisserie chicken, ribs, meatloaf and plenty of deli items available. 3256 Church St. (715) 344-2290
- TRIGS: 1600 Academy Ave. (715) 341-0200
Main Dishes: Depending on the main dish prepared, some great sides to complete your meal could include a pasta, rice or potato dish, a salad, cooked vegetables or fresh cut veggies, fruit or fruit salad, baked beans, breads; whatever tickles your tastebuds.
- RICE & BEANS: Complete with a smoked sausage or other favorite meat. OR spice up simple rice & beans into a Jambalaya or gumbo with additional meats veggies and sauces.
- STIRFRY: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/stir-fried-vegetables-with-chicken-or-pork/detail.aspx
- STROGANOFF: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-stroganoff/detail.aspx
- DUMPLINGS: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/detail.aspx
More coming soon!