Statement of Faith
1. We believe in God the Father, the Almighty source of all things past, present and future, who has made us for Himself. (Isaiah 45:18; Acts 17:25; Revelation 4:11)
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God who was born of the virgin Mary, suffered and died for our sins, rose on the third day to immortality, ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven to intercede for us. (Romans 5:6-8; 6:9; Hebrews 7:25)
3. We believe in the present active work of the Holy Spirit. It is by the Spirit we experience the love of God (Romans 5:5); it is by the Spirit God accomplishes His work in us (Zechariah 4:6); it is by the Spirit God has given gifts to each believer to be used in worship and ministry (I Corinthians 12:4-12). The work of the Holy Spirit always leads to the glorification of Christ (John 16:13).
4. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, given by divine inspiration. It is the only authoritative source of doctrine and practice for believers. (II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:20, 21)
5. We believe humanity was created by the hand of the Father (Genesis 3:19). Humanity is a reflection of the Father’s image physically, emotionally, spiritually (Genesis 1:26; Acts 17:28, 29). Through failed obedience sin entered the world and separated humanity from God (Genesis 3); humanity is in need of forgiveness, restoration, inner healing and the inheritance of eternal life (II Corinthians 5:18-21).
6. We believe salvation is only available through the death of the Lord Jesus (Acts 4:12; II Timothy 1:10). Salvation is appropriated to the individual when there is an acceptance of Christ and His sacrifice into the heart (Romans 10:8-10). This inner faith needs to be followed with confession (Acts 3:19) and water baptism (immersion). (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38, 39)
7. We believe the Church is the body of Jesus Christ on earth which has been given a three-fold mission:
a. To worship and glorify God (I Peter 2:5)
b. To grow in a personal and corporate walk with God (Micah 6:8)
c. To reach out beyond itself to minister love, hope and healing to people who have not yet found God (I Peter 2:9, 10)
8. We believe in the sure Word of prophecy which proclaims that Jesus Christ will come to earth again in power and glory (Acts 1:11) to resurrect the dead (I Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4:13-17) and reign as King of all the earth (Matthew 25:31-34; I Corinthians 15:24-28).